Slackware 11 help

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 00:49:05 MST 2007

> The first is my mouse is not being recognized by X. I have tried
> /dev/mouse, /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice for a ps2 mouse. Not any
> luck with any of them.

Can't help with this, except to suggest you see what device names are
present, and see if the kernel knows there's a port there, etc.

> The second thing is I can't get networking going. I set up dhcp in the
> setup netconfig but no dice.

Is a module being loaded for your NIC?  What do what does ifconfig -a tell
you?

I haven't used slack, so this is general information, what I would look at to
track down the problems.  Maybe someone else has more direct experience.