OT xp question

Jim arizona.anorak at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 20:04:42 MST 2007

I have a linux box and an xp box on my lan.  I used to have two NICs in
each.  One NIC in each was used to connect that box to the hub and
through it to my DSL router. (192.168.0.x)  The other NIC on each box
(192.168.3.x) was to connect it to the other so I could isolate traffic
between the two boxes (samba, etc) from anything that might be exposed
to the internet.

When I first set this up, I had some problems on the XP box.  It would
talk to the linux box (via 192.168.3.x), but stopped seeing anything on
the first NIC (192.168.0.x).  This included the linux box.

Back then I fixed this, but I forgot what I did.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

--

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin