IPCop

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Thu Apr 26 14:24:04 MST 2007

It appears that one must use the setserial command to get your serial
port configured properly.  This then must be placed in the
/etc/rc.d/rc.local script.  This posting:

http://marc.info/?l=ipcop-user&m=111977275513901&w=2

describes the process for an internal PCI modem, which does not exactly
match your situation.  But, if you are hunting around in rc.init, you
are probably capable of adapting this to your needs.

Aside: I must say that this reveals a place where IPCop does not shine.
 Serial modems are fading away as faster solutions come to the fore but
the current configuration method is not user friendly at all, assuming
this is the only way to do it.

Alan