Tape Backup

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 21:36:26 MST 2007

Where I work we have to keep data indefinitely for 7-10 years, so
tapes are a necessity.
I have an intermediary server with 12T of disk storage (raid6+2) which
is used to store our data intermediately.  Every week, the data is
migrated offsite via tape to be archived at Iron Mountain.  We perform
a monthly and a yearly full in order to archive on different levels,
all done through the CommVault backup application.

When you are in the healthcare industry, there's no way to escape it,
unfortunately.

On 4/22/07, JT Moree <moreejt at pcxperience.com> wrote:

> believed to be clean.

"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte