amaroK

Patrick C patrick.pxc.c at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 06:45:48 MST 2007

If kaffeine can play them, Amarok should be able to, since both support the
xine engine. Open up Amarok, go to settings, then engine. Select the xine
engine. Then select whatever output plugin you like. ALSA should be fine,
but if it doesn't work, just pick another. My Amarok lets me pick between
alsa, jack, pulseaudio, arts, esd and file.

If the xine engine does not show up as available, install this
package<http://packages.ubuntulinux.org/hoary/kde/amarok-xine>(you run
a Debian based distro, right?).