I got my sound to work.....

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Fri Apr 13 19:09:51 MST 2007

I would need much more information.  What OS are you running, do you
have any other audio systems other then alsa installed, what are you
using to play the sound (xmms, rythumbox, amarok, mpd, etc.)

Please explain your problem from beginning to end, if you unsure of a
concept Google it.  :)

We are always here to help <and unleash sarcasm> ;)

Also have you tried something like this? <I pulled it off of the top
Google hit I have to run alsaconfig every time ;) >

open the console and type: alsaconfig
when you finish with alsaconfig, open the file browser and go to the
folder /etc/modprobe.d
just in case, copy the file called sound, and rename the copy to
something else.
open the file called sound
edit it to look like this:
#alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
#options snd-intel8x0 index=0
# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
# module options should go here
# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-osssave it. then make sure all your
settings are the same as the ones here:
http://www.maysville-linux-users-group.org/ftopict-151.html