need a low-end distro recomend

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Thu Apr 12 01:34:17 MST 2007

Xubuntu (ubuntu, but with xfce, which is lighter weight than Gnome or KDE)
Puppy (REALLY small and lightweight, also surprisingly full-featured)
Feather (quite small and lightweight)
DSL (Da*n small linux) (ultra small, not very pretty)
Beatrix Linux (very small, simple, elegant, but no longer updated)
BeaFanatIX (successor to BeatrIX, http://bea.cabarel.com/)

Also check out GeexBox, which is more for HTPC use, but might provide a surprising multimedia experience on an older machine.