Cox Cable

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Tue Apr 10 22:43:53 MST 2007

My Dad in the valley just got cox cable setup. His archlinux computer is setup
with dhcp and receives an IP from the cable modem. All the lights on the
cable modem are green and solid, except the pc connectivity light, which is
flashing.

Anyway, any address typed into the address bar gets a generic page stating the
cable modem was not setup completely and we need to contact Cox to finalize
the setup ???

Is there anything specific you need to do with Cox to get it working or is it
really just not set up right on their end?

Nathan