lost cd rom drive pt 2

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Apr 4 17:21:46 MST 2007

Am 04. Apr, 2007 schwätzte betty so:

> when i do the hardware browser, it lists the cd rom drive as:
> /dev/scd0
> does that have something to do with what should be changed in fstab???

Yes, either change /dev/cdrom in fstab or create a link to /dev/scd0
for /dev/cdrom. The latter is what I've generally done, but it doesn't
play well with udev, so I'd suggest the former for now.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Luckily, this is a comic book, for which no idea is too complex."
#    -- Larry Gonick from The Cartoon History of the United States