data recovery service, catastrophic failure

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Mon Apr 2 12:32:07 MST 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 12:23:10PM -0700, Lynn Newton wrote:
> Never mind *why* it happened for now. I want my files back.

Do you have any way of yanking the precious drive and putting it in
another, working machine? No need to boot from it, just get it in a
working machine. If you can, then you may be able to get everything off
of it yourself. If you can get to a Linux machine then it'll obviously
be easier. If not, check out sysresccd.org.

You may be tempted to keep trying things with the old machine, but since
it's being cranky and you don't really know why, I recommend getting the
drive out of it ASAP.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/