Kubuntu live CD install + wireless speed question

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Sun Apr 1 17:09:39 MST 2007

.
I just bought a used IBM T40 notepad for $300 that seems to be
an excellent unit -- everything works -- and the Kubuntu live
CD boots and everything seems to work great, so I'm planning to
install it to use as my primary OS.  But I have two questions:

#1. Any words of wisdom/caution re the Kubuntu install from the
    Kubuntu 6.10 live CD?

#2. The T-40's internal wireless card works with Kubuntu Linux,
    as well as with XP booted.  But the speed is only 11Mbps
    whereas my wireless speed is 54Mbps on my HP laptop.  So,
    I'm wondering if this unit may have an older wireless card,
    and if so is it possible to replace it with a faster card?
    How can I determine what internal wireless card this unit
    has and what I need to do to speed up my wireless connection?