How to Verify Optical Media after Burning

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 21:47:39 MST 2006

Thanks for testing that.  I did not think to md5sum the device itself but it
it probably not a surprise as the md5sum for that might include unused but
recorded space (zero filler and such).  I am also reminded of back in my
development days that it was nearly impossible to guarantee that two builds
from exactly the same sources would be physically identical (logically and
functionally of course, but ...).

I am going to recheck the DVD on another and better machine.  Perhaps the
old, slow, well used, and limited resources on the other one affected the
verification.

BTW, this thread would be better titled How to Verify Optical Media after
Burning.