Is it okay to just copy an entire kmail to a new system?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Wed Sep 27 18:16:02 MST 2006

.
I've been trying to compare and reconcile
/home/joe/.kde/share/apps/kmail (and other apps)
on my new system with the corresponding files from
my previous system that I have copied onto a spare
partition on the new system to see if I could perhaps
safely copy some of those things over.

Specifically, I am most in need of copying all of my
previous kmail files to the new system.  Is there any
risk or inadvisability about doing that?

This is the syntax that I am considering using:

# cp -rpf /mnt/hda7/home/joe/.kde/share/apps/kmail /home/joe/.kde/share/apps/