installed package vulnerability checker for Red Hat/Centos?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Sep 22 17:57:06 MST 2006

Am 21. Sep, 2006 schwätzte Jeremy C. Reed so:

> Does anyone know of a tool for checking if installed packages on a CentOS
> system have known vulnerabilities?

Not quite what you want, but the closest I know of for GNU/Linux
distros...

debian and Ubuntu have their package list files up for the package
managers. They also make the changelogs available, so you can see what
was changed in a package before downloading it.

The update manager in Ubuntu 6.0.6 allows you to show details and get the
changelog as part of the upgrade.

I don't know if RH has a similar mechanism for pulling up changelogs.

You can check for packages that have fixes for security problems by only
having the security feed available for upgrade, but that's still not quite
what you want, I think.

ciao,

der.hans