How to change Firefox file opening defaults?

Steven Crandell steven.crandell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:07:03 MST 2006

The real answer is that firefox just really sucks at managing its mime type
actions right now.
I've had problems on several boxes where it fails to remember or silently
overwrites my settings.
Your settings probably live here:
/home/username/.mozilla/firefox/somerandomchars/mimeTypes.rdf

When I have a problem I blow this file away and let it firefox rewrite it
with my new prefs.