Malware (Was: Re: (no subject))

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Sep 22 06:27:47 MST 2006

I've been doing this for a number of years now and I don't recall a
single instance when it was necessary for a user to get an attachment
that was of a type (exe, com, pif, bat, scr, vbs and there's some more).

In a world where users do what users do, they can't be trusted not to
blindly open things.

Yes, Outlook 2K3 and 2K will not allow them to open those files but you
can change the security settings to get around that.

Older versions of Outlook, etc. aren't likely to have all of the
safeguards in place.

Craig