Malware (Was: Re: (no subject))

Kevin Brown kevin_brown at qwest.net
Thu Sep 21 23:37:57 MST 2006

Nothing wrong with an exe getting through.  I, on occasion, send things
to myself that are small executables (maybe its a perl script wrapped up
with par, or a self executing zip file).  Outlook, being the jacked up
program that it is, just flat out blocks them.

Blindly blocking all .exe, .zip, .<xxx> attachments is just an idiotic
knee-jerk reaction.  Much like banning violent video games because a few
of the millions that play commit an act of excessive violence.