Enterprise Linux

Daniel P. Stasinski mooooooo at avenues.org
Wed Sep 20 12:29:50 MST 2006

On 9/20/06, Nathan England <nathan at paysonlinux.org> wrote:
> I want updates to the system, which should be free, but not necessarily the
> support or privilege of upgrading to the next version...

CentOs, like RHEL has a 7 year life cycle, meaning they will update it
to the latest secure patches for 7 years.   Typically they don't do
any upgrades that would require config changes.  Off the top of my
head the only package where I did see them do an upgrade was to the
FireFox browser on a desktop install.

All of my servers are CentOs 4 and I keep a local mirror of the update server.

Daniel