Enterprise Linux

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Wed Sep 20 10:21:33 MST 2006

Where I work, we run CentOS, which is RedHat EL 4, but free.

In an enterprise environment, I favor stability as well as 'common'.
Most program's I've seen written for Linux, both opensource or
otherwise, tend to have RPM's, and if not, have it in their
compatibility lists mentioned "redhat".  RHEL RPM's will work with
CentOS as well, so there's little difference, other than the cost:
nothing vs an arm & a leg.

http://www.centos.org/

-hth,

  Tony Evans