Malware (Was: Re: (no subject))

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Wed Sep 20 10:01:32 MST 2006

These are bogus.  It is the latest phishing/infection/malware incarnation
to get people to run attachments.

I got one this morning from "service at consultpros.com" with an attached EXE
file.  consultpros.com is my domain name and I did not send it to myself!
Mike's "txt" file is probably a renamed EXE of the same ilk which Windows
would happily execute if opened.

Don't open any unexpected attachments from anyone!  Period!  Exclamation
point!  This hold true for Linux users too!

I feel sorry for the many uneducated Windows users who will fall for this
trick.

Alan