Need Help partitioning a disk for dual boot

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Tue Sep 19 13:22:12 MST 2006

1) Make the second partition primary, extended partitions are only needed if you have more than 4 on the disk
2) Add a third partition, around 2X your RAM, for swap space (and format it swap)
3) Don't worry so much about cylinder boundaries, the heads/cylinders/tracks are all fake anyway (they're there for compatibility with old software).