Laptop Wifi recommendation (cardbus)

Eric Richardson ekr at amug.org
Mon Sep 18 23:43:47 MST 2006

Hello,

I'm looking to add WLAN support to an older laptop with a 32bit type
II slot, 3.3v cardbus. I'm currently running Debian testing, etch.
I'd like something that supports 802.11b/g and wap2 to use when out
and about. I saw some stuff that suggested that TP-Link TL-WN510g
might work good with madwifi (ath-pci driver) and wpa-supplicant for
the security.

  Any help on what card to buy and where would be much appreciated.
madwifi.org has so many that I don't know where to start but it
doesn't have to be the latest/fancy stuff like n/mimo etc.

Thanks,
Eric