Linux Journal tip

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 20:19:57 MST 2006

This may be OT here, but...
in some contexts, Ctrl-S (along with Ctrl-Q)
is used for software flow control.
I think one of them is X-OFF and the other is X-ON.
I think some terminals or other devices which
accept and/or forward data to or from the user,
even generate X-OFF "automatically" when
appropriate, e.g., due to line congestion or
something like that...
(and then I guess X-ON later when appropriate)
Just my 0.02, from
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ