Transfer home directory?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Sat Sep 16 16:25:56 MST 2006

On Sat, September 16, 2006 4:03 pm, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Just make sure that the ownership (user/group) of the files is okay.

In this case the user/group IDs are the same already.  Good!

> Sometimes, your dot files or dot directories  (~/.*) may have
> configurations or caches that use a slightly different syntax unless the
same versions of the software are available on both machines.

Software is at similar update levels thought I'll not guarantee that.  I'm
not too worried since most software is good about updating it's own config
files, in my experience.

> In most cases, it is all fine.
>
> I frequently use same home directories on different distros of Linux and
different BSDs.

Good.  It should move smoothly then.

Alan