OT: adventure

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Sep 14 21:02:13 MST 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 08:50:57PM -0700, Josh Coffman wrote:
> Wow.. yep, going back to the 'good ole days'. I assume
> plenty of remember the old Text Adventure games. I
> think the one I used to play was colossal cave. I
> don't remember whether that was on the Apple II,
> Commodore, or something else.
>
> I never did solve that darn game, and it has irked me
> ever since.
>
> http://www.rickadams.org/adventure/
>
> ahh. memories.

I first played colossal cave on a mainframe. Later I played Zork on my
first PC (not my first computer; that was a Sinclair ZX-80). I solved
neither colossal cave nor Zork. Many hours of fun, though! About 10
years ago I managed to wrangle the email address xyzzy at plover.com which
I kept for many years. Eventually I gave it up after it became too
spam-laden. :(

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |