How to fix Wine menu fonts that are too small

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu Sep 14 00:00:26 MST 2006

.
I just installed WINE and got it working to some extent,
but the menu and dialog box fonts are too small. After
searching winehq.org and Google groups and various other places,
the only remedies that have been suggested have not worked.

One suggestion was to copy the fonts found in such places
as /usr/share/fonts/ttf and /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts into
/usr/joe/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts

I did that, but that did not solve the problem.

Another suggestion was to run "wine regedit" in console and select:
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
Then change the value to adjust the size of the fonts.
In the 'regedit' configuration window, I also saw these attributes:

"FIXED.FON"="vgafix.fon"
"FONTS.FON"="vgasys.fon"
"LogPixels"=dword:00000060
"OEMFONT.FON"="vga850.fon"

But I cannot find those fonts on my system and I don't know how
(or if) to change any of those ... or to what to change them.
I also found those same configuration elements near the end of
this file: /home/joe/.wine/system.reg ... but I don't know if
it is okay to edit that file in a text editor ... and I don't
know what changes to make. Those configuration elements were
right below the following line:

[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Hardware Profiles\\Current\\Software\\Fonts]
1149426108

So, can anyone tell me where these menu and dialog font specs
are configured or defined and how to change them and to what
to change them?