has my system been compromised?

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 13:43:28 MST 2006

yes, I almost fell for one spam thing in the spam
folder. I have to check it as idiot newbies to some of
the lists I sub to sometimes are tooooo lazy or too
new to follow the simple ways to unsub from
lists...AND don't read the sig file that tells them
where to go. So they declare the list as spam from
their yahoo email and my emails from that list wind up
in the spam folder.  I cannot trust them NOT to, so I
have to scroll down and check all the spam from and
subject lines..what a pita, but better than loosing
all email.

Even yours has wound up there sometime ago!

<20060912222614.PJQ5830.eastrmmtai08.cox.net at eastrmimpi02.cox.net>
> > >           for <bmike101 at cox.net>; Tue, 12 Sep
> 2006 18:26:14 -0400
> > > From: Barracuda Spam Firewall
> <postmaster at smwc.edu>
> > > Subject: **Message you sent blocked by our bulk
> email filter**
> > > To: <bmike101 at cox.net>
> > > Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:26:10 -0400 (EDT)

<20060912222614.PJQ5830.eastrmmtai08.cox.net at eastrmimpi02.cox.net>

> > > Your message to: bmichel at smwc.edu
> > > was blocked by our Spam Firewall. The email you
> sent with the following
> > > subject has NOT BEEN DELIVERED:
> > >
> > > Subject: YOUR MONEY!!!
> zCzwn1SQSo75n9K1odm82gAt3FSyPNrgE7QHGwF
> > >

> > > Delivery error report

> > > From: "bmike101 at cox.net" <bmike101 at cox.net>
> > > Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1997 01:09:28 -0300
> > > To: bmichel at smwc.edu
> > > Subject: YOUR MONEY!!!
> zCzwn1SQSo75n9K1odm82gAt3FSyPNrgE7QHGwF

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.