Cheap Linux-Friendly Dialup in Phoenix?

vodhner at cox.net vodhner at cox.net
Mon Sep 11 17:28:06 MST 2006

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Maybe I should recommend EMR.net, in consideration of their generosity in hosting AzTeC.  The price looks good . . .

I was active with AzTeC from back in 1995, but I let it slide very badly back when occupational survival was an issue.  Still today, half my spam is relayed to me via my old aztecfreenet.org address.  ;-)

The last real contribution I made was suggesting they become aztecfreenet.org, instead of publicizing aztec.emr.net which would have needed another change eventually.  BTW, Freeport was hosted on Sun equipment, originally a pair of sparc-20s I think.  Last I heard (two years ago?) there was some talk of moving off Freeport and going to a Linux base or something.

For a while AzTeC did not have any dialup access.  Apparently that has changed.  So once again Phoenix and Tucson have free dialup numbers available.  Again, this is all text-only, but that would still be worth it at twice the price!  Local libraries also provide telnet access to AzTeC.

Vic