Sep east side mtg

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Sep 10 23:52:43 MST 2006

moin moin,

This Thursday, the 14th, is the east side meeting at Sequoia.

19:00 at Sequoia Charter School, 1460 S Horne, Mesa, AZ.

Dennis will be presenting the main attraction: hugin.

###
"With hugin you can assemble a mosiac of photographs into a complete
immersive panorama, stitch any series of overlapping pictures and much
more."

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

It's F/OSS and cross platform[0].

Perfect tool for those summer vacation photos!
###

As opening acts we will have another installment of "How I use Free
Software" from an audience member and I will give a "Quick Tools"[1]
presentation on Unison, a file synchronizer.

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

Wear your favorite concert t-shirt and bring a lighter, so we can sing
along with the power ballads :).

ciao,

der.hans

[0] Note the Mac OS screenshots on the project site.
[1] A new presentation type, just a couple minutes doing a little demo.
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
# To us former windows users, linux IS an easter egg :) I cant remember
# how many times i said to myself "i can do that?" -- BoBB