Thoughts on Gentoo

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 10:33:29 MST 2006

  I learned a lot about the various distros at the SCALE conference
two years ago.  You can tell what a distro is all about by the people
running the booth:

  Suse/Novell: Corporate guys with "Novell" embroidered polos.
Obnoxiously condescending.  They needed to call in their 'technical
guy'  to answer any question aside from "how much does this cost?"

  BSD: The guy running the booth looks like he hadn't stepped outside
in 4 years.  He knew a hell of a lot about security though and I would
definitely trust him to manage security for a high-profile LAN.

  Debian:  Hardcore hackers.  Solid.  No time wasted there.

  Gentoo:  Bunch of kids under 25 who have not yet discovered shampoo.
 They had a keyboard hooked up the computer.  Heavy on the attitude.
Lots of technology.  Need to get their !@#$ together.

  -jmz

--
.0000. communication.
.0001. development.

JOSHUA M. ZEIDNER
IT Consultant

++power; ++perspective; ++possibilities;
( 602 ) 490 8006
jjzeidner at gmail.com