Spamassassin tricks

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Sep 8 10:43:50 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 10:07 -0700, Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 22:10 -0700, Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> >>
> >> BTW, do you have a favorite list of RBLs that you use? Possibly 3 lists, I
> >> imagine. One for loose, one for moderate, and one for agressive blocking?
> > ----
> > I think I'm in pretty aggressive mode...
> >
> >  relays.ordb.org,
> >  opm.blitzed.org,
> >  list.dsbl.org,
> >  sbl.spamhaus.org,
> >  cbl.abuseat.org,
> >  dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net,
> >
> > Craig
> >

> Thanks, Craig. FWIW, the lists I'm using are (surprizingly?) similar.
> relays.ordb.org
> opm.blitzed.org
> list.dsbl.org
> sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
> cbl.abuseat.org
> bl.spamcop.net
> dnsbl.antispam.or.id
>
> I think I'll add dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net to my list!
----
I don't think the similarity is surprising at all. I have piggy backed
my usage on the knowledge of others and haven't made a ton of effort to
discern the various rbl's myself.

I think dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net is about blocking dial-up smtp senders -
it's aggressive to be sure.

I also was under the impression that spamcop.net was better for SA
scoring than SMTP blocking

Craig