Unix UNDER Windows?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 22:21:56 MST 2006

No big deal as there are a number of packages for using *nix utilities under
windows.  I was just betting that a lot of folks did not know about a
Microsoft issued package to do so.  Clearly, InformationWeek thought there
was some reason to have an article about it and I expected it would cause
more than a yawn here is all. I certainly did not think most of you would
have any interest in it but did expect some fire.  Sorry about that.

On 9/7/06, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 20:54 -0700, Dazed_75 wrote:
> > Just ran across this article about an old technology and how it has
> > developed.
> >

> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=192503618
> >
> > Let the wars begin :)
> ----
> what's the big deal? I've been using SFU (Services For Unix) for years
> now.
>
> Red Hat has been bundling cygwin for quite some time and the amount of
> packages is extremely robust (including an X-windows server and a ton of
> stuff you won't find in Microsoft's SFU)
>
> Craig

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss