/usr/local/bin vs /usr/local/sbin

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 11:53:23 MST 2006

I run Gentoo, and my /bin/sh is symlinked to /bin/bash, which is an
actual executable.
Red Hat 7.3, 8.0, RHEL4.0 all are the same.  I just checked.
The /bin directory should contain all of the binaries really
"necessary" for the system to boot in at least single-user mode.
Barring some stupid stuff like rpm libraries, everything is linked to
/lib/* libraries so the /usr partition is completely desparate.

--
"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte