Puzzled about wireless WEP

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 00:56:51 MST 2006

Not according to Toshiba Support.  I remember now the salesperson back then
also told me I would be able to upgrade the wireless when the standard was
approved and that was wrong as well.  Think I am stuck with open sites, a
new adapter (not internal), or a new computer (not needed just yet :)

On 9/3/06, Eric Shubes <plug at shubes.net> wrote:

> Dazed_75 wrote:
> > So it rather sounds to me like WEP is implemented in hard/firmware on my
> > Toshiba and is broken, flawed or dated.  Only solution may be a new
> > adapter or not using any WEP sites like my house (though I can always
> > run a cable here).
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback folks.
> > --
>
> Any chance of getting an updated/different driver?
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss