Processor speed

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 10:13:48 MST 2006

I will have an AMD500 K6-2 (IIRR), ATX motherboard, and possibly some RAM  available in about 2 weeks.  I'm in east Mesa.  If that helps.

I am running Fedora Core 5 on this AMD500 / 384Mb RAM and 2 - 20Gig HD's.  Running X right out of the box is ok.

With a little tuning I think it could rock!

Unless your project is to get the 100Mhz sys running.

Michael Havens <bmike101 at cox.net> wrote: lshw says that my hd is 38 GB and that my processor is clocked to 100Mhz.
It also says that the size of it is 500Mhz

      *-cpu
           product: AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
           vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
           physical id: 4
           bus info: cpu at 0
           version: 5.8.12
           slot: Socket 7
           size: 500MHz
           width: 32 bits
           clock: 100MHz
           capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8
pge mmx syscall 3dnow k6_mtrr

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:48:47 -0700, JT Moree
wrote:

--
:~)MIKE(~:

Keith Smith