Drive Recovery Software

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Wed Nov 29 23:49:17 MST 2006

May be OT :)

A friend handed me a Windows drive with a book in progress and tons of
family pics.  You know the drill - it died.

When I boot with Knoppix, the partition table is readable (fdisk -l) and
I can mount the partition (/dev/sda2), but I cannot list the contents of
the file system.

I am in the process of using dd with the noerror option to try to copy
all the intact data off the disk.  Not sure this will get me anywhere.

What data recovery tools are available?  Linux-based preferred, but will
do Windows.

--
George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
623-203-1760