OT: Computer headset with mic? for phone too?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Wed Nov 29 22:06:57 MST 2006

Of course, you could also connect a Bluetooth adapter to both phones (yes they're available for both cell and landline phones) and use a Bluetooth headset, which will automatically switch between phones, depending on which is in range.
That's a nicely geeky solution, but it's also a bit expensive.
For less expensive, just take a 5mm->2.5mm adapter from radioshack, open it up, rewire the second stereo connector to a mic jack (return is common), and you have a uber-geek hand-made computer-headset to phone-headset-jack adapter.