sleeping processes and swap

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:17:18 MST 2006

Michael,

Are you saying that all your memory slots are used or that you have the
maximum memory size your motherboard will support?  Tell us what you have;
Machine (make and model)
Motherboard (make and model)
Memory slot count
Memory type (SDR, DDR, Rambus, ...)
Memory Sticks (e.g. 128Mb x2, ...)

On 11/27/06, Michael Havens <bmike101 at cox.net> wrote:

> but I'm maxed out in RAM so I suppose I live with a slow system.
>
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:35:24 -0700, Dennis Kibbe
> <dennisk at linuxquestions.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:01:19 -0700
> > "Michael Havens" <bmike101 at cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I tell ya', if there is a way to do this it would make all computers
> >> lightning fast.
> >
> > Mike,
> >
> > The time tested way to make a computer faster is to add physical RAM.
> > Linux will use excess physical RAM as a chashe to store data it thinks
> > it might need again.
> >
> > Using swap for any reason is a stop-gapo for not having enough RAM since
> > swap is sooo much s-l-o-w-e-r.
> >
> > dennisk
>

> --
> :~)MIKE(~:

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss