blackbox

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Sun Nov 26 21:01:50 MST 2006

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 05:20:20PM -0700, Scott wrote:
> Blackbox is really cool, especially for older systems, due to its
> extremely light memory footprint.  Fluxbox went a step further to reduce
> that footprint, making it good for the occasional 486.  I haven't tried
> it on a 386 (does anyone still have one of those?) but I wouldn't doubt
> that it would have a preferable performance rate on 'em.  Fluxbox also
> has a ton of themes.

I've gone a step leaner, and am using ion3. Whenever people see my
desktop someone will ask me what I'm using. It's lean, it's fast, but
it's not for most people. If you need to focus, it's righteous. There
are no themes, but you can change the colors a bit. ;)

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |