sbackup - looking for info

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 18:49:37 MST 2006

On 11/22/06, Eric Shubes <plug at shubes.net> wrote:

<snip>

Would it be simple enough to just use k3b to burn the backup

> directory/files? I don't know, but perhaps there's a way to feed a macro
> k3b so it burns the backup without having to do much of anything.
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'

I had been checking more into using cdrecord and found some very good
articles on the web.  Then I went to try a couple of steps and cdrecord gave

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Joerg
Schilling
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of
cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to <
cdrtools at packages.debian.org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with problems of this
version.

cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.15-27-686
cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.

Hmmm.  Then I looked for another package and found gnomebaker and k3b.
Turns out they are both based on cdrecord as well.  I actually did burn the
backup directories to a cd using gnomebaker and while successful, that same
message showed up in an event log in a window it opened.

Makes me wonder how many people might have issues burning CDs on current
distro versions if so many of the tools are basicly just GUIs using cdrecord
under the covers and it has issues under recent kernels.