CCNA in the Linux world

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Wed Nov 22 10:00:02 MST 2006

Randy Melder wrote:
> thanks for the reply. :-)
>
> I'm not really concerned with how this certification would improve my
> overall skill set.
>
> What I want to know is what the perception of it is among Linux and IT
> professionals in general on this list.

I think it's a plus overall. You DO learn things, and it shows some
commitment.

I am wary of people who wave their certs around too much. There are some
few people who get the certs only to put on their resumes. They cram
like mad, get the cert, and then forget all about it (while cramming for
the next cert). This isn't everyone. Some people get a lot out of the
process and come out better for it.

So... you still need to figure out which type of person you have.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |