Lighter file manager/browser/email

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Tue Nov 21 15:37:16 MST 2006

Thank you Jeremy for inspiring me to look in the docs. I got it to be 'almost'
the way I want it to be. In any case I think that claws mail would be good
except I can't download it. I'll look into the tarbAll again. There we go. I
am now compiling it. That didn't work. it responds:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.6.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
installed.
configure: error: Test for GLIB failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.
bmike1 at 1[sylpheed-claws-2.6.0]$

so I think this is no problem. that I just need to download the correct glib.
But which glib? If it is glibc the latest version seems to be 2.4.? . So what
should I do?

if you need the log: this is part of it.... there was all sorts of garbage in
it and this might ohnly be partial. I'll emnmail it upon request
뗈ࠛ ࠙며 䭓맀 말錁࠙먐黸 맸 ࠙몈 䌕 錁࠙릘黸 ꀐ࠙!䭓⫰꾐새)䭓른࠙GNU nano 1.3.10             File:
config.log

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.60a.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = bmike1
uname -m = i586
uname -r = 2.6.15-26-386
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 PREEMPT Sat Aug 19 14:00:50 EDT 2006

/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
                              [ Read 2107 lines ]
Āchecking whether the g++ linker (/us
r/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking if
g++ static flag -static works... yesĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀ
Āchecking for some Win32 platform... noÁĀĀĀĀĀ
ĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀ!hemeࠖ㽠࠘ ľĀ ࠘¡ĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀ ࠘āĀĀĀĀĀ

checking for iconv declaration...
  extern size_t i
conv (iconv_t cd, charinbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, ch

אּchecking for CFLocaleCopyCurrent
... no

checking whether to use LibSM... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached)yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yeskdir takes one argument... no
checking paths.h usability... yes
checking for paths.h... yes
checking sys/param.h usability... yes.
checking sys/select.h usability... yes
checking wchar.h usability... yes

checking for wchar.h... yes
checking wctype.h usability... yechecking locale.h usability.
.. yes 䌖k⬘checking locale.h presence... yes 䌖kⰈchecking for locale.h... yes
 䌖 䖠checking for alloca... yes
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no

‘checking for windres... no
Āchecking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grepĀ
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
chec
king for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking how to rec
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes ¹ĀĀĀĀĀ
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking  for dlfcn.h... yes
 checking for g++... g++
checking for frt... no checking for pgf77... no
checking for fl32... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... no
checking for lf95... no

checking command
 to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
ĀĀĀ࠘checking for ar... ar  䌖
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking if gcc
supports -c -o file.o... yes
 checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
āĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀ
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes

checking whether to use LibSM... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached)
yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking if mkdir takes one argument...
noĀchecking
 paths.h usability... yes
 checking for paths.h
... yes

checking sys/select.h usability... yeséĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀ
checking wchar.h usability... yes
checking for wchar.h... yes
checking wctype.h usability... yes
checking locale.h usability.