slow system

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Sun Nov 19 13:48:51 MST 2006

Do ya all remember how I was compaining about my system being slow? Well here
is some of what is happening:

I was watching the bootup and one of the first procedures was:

Then three lines appeared at the same time which may have some bearing in this
matter; they said:
	SET: Misaligned resource pointe <hardware address> ....

Here are a few examples of the slowness.
	10 sec- kmail composer window (I didn't time an initial kmail instance)
	10 sec- susequent kmail instance
	35 sec- first konsole of the day
	 6  sec- subsequently

As previously stated, it was running normally until I installed the new cards.

Does anyone know what should be done to correct the problem? Yes, I think
reinstalling the system will fix it but I want to know how to do it without
starting over (again).

Thanks guys (and gals).