Take the 100% Open Source poll WAS Video Cards

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Thu Nov 16 11:01:53 MST 2006

On Thu, November 16, 2006 8:07 am, JT Moree wrote:

> That's a very good question.  How many of us eat our own dogfood?
>
> Would everyone be willing to take a poll?
> http://www.pcxperience.com/WebGUI/index.pl/polls

Nice.

I voted but, as is normal for these things, none of the answer completely
fit my usage.  I chose #2, that I only use proprietary software at work.
While I have no active Windows or other OS systems at home, I do use some
closed source software on my Linux systems.  Flash in the browser,
wireless networking blob and even a printer driver, for example.

I count my FS/OSS use as about 90% of the time in my personal life.
Professionally it is currently about 35%, I guess.

Alan