Take the 100% Open Source poll WAS Video Cards

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Nov 16 08:23:22 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 08:07 -0700, JT Moree wrote:

> Nathan England wrote:
> > Craig,
> > I appreciate your input and I agree with you. But back to reality...
> <snip>
> > works just fine. I don't know how many people on this list actually use
> > linux, let alone use it full time. I think there are only a couple of us that
> > are 100% linux all the time. Proves a point that even the linux groups still
> > use windows, so how am I to convince ceo's based on facts like that?
>
> That's a very good question.  How many of us eat our own dogfood?
>
> Would everyone be willing to take a poll?
> http://www.pcxperience.com/WebGUI/index.pl/polls
----
I voted but I didn't like the premises

It seems that there are a few issues being mixed into one poll and
probably each should be broken out if you want a more targeted/precise
poll

What I use at work (work is mandated by employer, rarely by employee
choice)
What I use at home
Proprietary packages % at work
Proprietary packages % at home
Proprietary pages % of games (I don't much care about games)

Craig