Running linux in a RAM drive, was flash bootable Linux

eric© ericlists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 22:50:58 MST 2006

Given that a lot of systems are capable of a gig or more of memory, what
about running a flash drive with the distro installed to the flash, and
either setting the swap to use a RAM drive, or even running the full distro
in a RAM drive?  Obviously, this deviates quite a bit from what the thread
started as and I'm not suggesting this as a solution to his question.  Seems
that it could easily solve the problem of repeated writes to the flash.

eric