Video Cards

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Tue Nov 14 09:12:14 MST 2006

Hello All,

I'm looking for a machine with a new video card. I haven't had much luck with
a few of the older Radeon based cards, and I love the nVidia cards, however,
the machine I am purchasing only has an ATI Radeon X600SE.

I'm not going to play games, and this is a Linux only box, however, I would
like to play with AIGLX and all the new fancy eye candy.

How do you like the performance of the newish ATI cards and how well do they
work? The ones I've used recently just seemed really flaky, especially
compared to the nVidia cards and my personal favorite the Intel i915 based
cards.

Any information you can offer will be greatly appreciated. I'm not going to
impress anyone with the gaming ability of this machine, but the eye candy
will convince upper management that Linux will be better suited in the future
than XP... lol
It's funny how the eye candy wins things out like this...

nathan
--
Nathan England
nathan at paysonlinux.org