Ubuntu vs. Apple [WAS: Re: Novel and Microsoft]

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Nov 14 04:14:48 MST 2006

> > With your line of reasoning: If you can get OpenBSD to run, why the
> > hell would you run linux?

I think he was referring to previous comment about if someone could
configure Linux well then why use Mac OS X and not implying that Mac OS X
was OpenBSD at all. He was just taking a step towards an even more
difficult system to setup. (I guess like saying: if you can get LFS setup
and maintained as your desktop, why run Ubuntu?)

> Perhaps you are confused...Macs are not OpenBSD - Macs use FreeBSD

And Mac OS X uses some OpenBSD components too. Either way, it is a small
percentage. And because of so many differences, it is hard to consider it
as a real *BSD.