Ubuntu and Firefox Browser

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Nov 13 18:33:27 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 17:16 -0800, Clayton Stapleton wrote:
> Mozilla Firefox does recognize the internet connection. When Mozilla
> Home in the bookmarks is activated it connectes to the internet and I
> used it to download Firefox 2.0 with no problem. When I try to access
> www.cnn.com or to google it just hangs and I might get “connection
> failed”. Does anyone know a fix for this.
----
I ended up doing this on Fedora core 5 because I was unable to access some sites - but CNN has always worked for me so I'm not sure if this is your issue...

tail -n 2 /etc/sysctl.cnf
# hack to fix problems with internet routers
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 0

or as a command line test...

# sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0

Craig