Ubuntu vs. Apple [WAS: Re: Novel and Microsoft]

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 09:27:59 MST 2006

To throw fuel into the fire, I ran ms office under crossover office
for close to 2 years before just using Open Office once 2.0 came out.
(on Linux, obviously)

Antialiased fonts are a very good thing for the eye strain.
Hey, spend the cash and you get quality hardware.  That's the apple
philosophy.  I wonder what it is now that they've gone Intel?
;)

On 11/13/06, Mike Garfias <mike at garfias.org> wrote:
> Lets see:
>
> Runs M$ Oriface (yuck, but needed)
>snip<
> Doesn't hurt my eyes (Fonts rendered in X11 were horrific and caused
> eye strain [this has been awhile, hopefully its gotten better])

> things just work - i don't spend hours trying to make something go

> With your line of reasoning: If you can get OpenBSD to run, why the
> hell would you run linux?
>
> On Nov 12, 2006, at 9:32 PM, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
>
> > Macs are fairly popular, but the Mac crowd rarely intersects with
> > the Linux crowd.  This is probably due to the fact that if someone
> > could get linux running, why would they buy a Mac?
> >
> > -jmz

"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte